After many months of hard work the Argunet team proudly presents the first public beta version of Argunet. The main features are already implemented. The Argunet server is running and can easily be accessed through the client. Documentation and tutorials will follow soon.
- Argument mapping with color coding, zooming, arrange tools …
- Fast and easy reconstruction with informal arrows and in-place-editing of argument short descriptions
- Precise and detailed reconstruction of premise-conclusion structures with intuitive argument editor (like a list in Word)
- Easy formalisation of support and attack relations by drawing semantic arrows (defines equivalences and contradictions)
- Formalisation of propositions and inference rules possible (logical symbols)
- Wizard for creating online projects (creating an account, logging in …)
- User administration for online debates
- Trash bin for unused arguments and propositions
- Windows XP, Classic theme: Mouse cursors are not displayed correctly. To avoid this bug, please go to “File/Preferences” choose “Graph Editor” and uncheck “use Argunet custom cursors”. After a restart the default cursor will be used.
- OSX: Icons are not displayed correctly in OSX. This is an Eclipse issue which hopefully will be solved by future versions of the Eclipse platform.
A list of all currently known bugs is available at our tracker page at Sourceforge.
Argunet is presented at the IÖW (Institute for Ecological Economy Research), with focus on the use of argument visualization in political consultancy.