Argunet is used at a Summer School of the Studienstftung des deutschen
Volkes at Rot an der Rot. Various kinds of debates (political,
juridical, economical, scientific) are reconstructed and analysed with
Argunet. In sum, Argunet and the underlying reconstruction method has
proved capable of handling such diverse topics.
This is a smaller release, that focuses on stability and graphical improvements. Many bugs of the last version have been fixed. Via the welcome page you can now check online for new Argunet updates, so that you can easily keep Argunet up-to-date.
The Argunet team is proud to present an important milestone in Argunet’s development.
Version 0.2.0 contains numerous major enhancements and dozens of bug fixes. Much of
the feed-back we received during the first part of the beta phase was incorporated into
this release. We wish to thank all of our testers and users and hope you will enjoy
this new version of Argunet! Note that the program is still far from being complete
(we are still in beta!) and please continue to contribute feedback.
Here is a brief overview of the most important improvements:
- Complete revision of map editor handling. There is a single tool now – the arrow tool – for all major map construction operations. Click on an empty space and choose from the tool-bar showing at the cursor whether you
want to create an argument or a thesis. Select a node with a single click. Drag a selected
node to move it. Single-click a selected node for in-place editing. Drag the mouse on an
unselected node to draw an arrow; when the button is released a tool-bar shows up to set
the arrow type. Shift-click for quick multiple selection. Drag on empty canvas for the
- There is a single view for all debate management tasks, including the trash and the
user rights editor.
- The wizards for creating and loading debates, logging on a server etc. have been restructured
and disentangled. Server login data can be saved on all platforms.
- You can now check for program updates, download them and update Argunet from within the program.
Choose “Update…” from the “Help” menu to check for updates.
- Also, optional features extending Argunet can be installed form the Internet from within the
program. Choose “Search for extensions…” from the “Help” menu to browse the available extensions.
- When views or editors are maximized other views are still available from tool-bars on the sides
of the screen.
- “Under the hood” the program is much better adapted to the mechanisms of our technological
platform, the Eclipse RCP.